Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday Funday

After 2 nights of drinking, Sunday Funday takes on a a bit of a different meaning for me than it used to. It means a day to relax and enjoy. And a day to stay away from alcohol at all costs. I just can't hang like I used to, you know?
Just a quick non-food related note... I started my day off by laying at my pool (it was a really nice day here - 75 and sunny) for a bit and continuing my now rapidly growing obsession with reading Twilight. I am reading Twilight thanks to the very high recommendations it got from one of my best friends in life, Kayla, and from my lil sis Casey. I did go see the movie first which made it a bit difficult for me to read the book right after. But now it's been a while and I can confidently say that the movie was great but the book is much much better! Thanks for the tip on this one ladies.

9:00am: Light String Cheese

11:00am: Fiber Gourmet Rotini w/Olives and Marinara
** Pretty small portion of this. I think I only had about a cup of cooked Rotini left from last week.

1:00pm: Mango Chicken Salad from Zanzibar Cafe
** For any local San Diego-ans I highly highly recommend this restaurant. I've been going to Zanzibar since I was a kid when it first opened. There are 2 locations one in Pacific Beach and one in Downtown - East Village to be exact. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is always delicious and fresh. This is what was in my yummy salad:
MANGO CHICKEN SALAD: GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST, SLICED MANGO, CUCUMBER, JICAMA, GOAT CHEESE, ROASTED ALMONDS & SUN-DRIED CHERRIES, SERVED ON A BED OF MIXED GREENS WITH A SIDE OF SUN-DRIED CHERRY VINAIGRETTE
I mean seriously - how good does that look? Anyway, definitely check it out. www.zanzibarcafe.com


4:00pm Turkey & Pickle Sandwich

** Why am I so obsessed with this meal? Again it was made with my low cal Sara Lee bread, Light Miracle Whip, Oven Roasted Turkey, 1/2 of a pickle, and this time I threw in 1 slice of Kraft Cheese - 2% of course.

7:30pm: Sesame Chicken, Broccoli, White Rice, and Low Mein Noodles with Chicken & Shrimp
** Yes - we ordered Chinese delivery. I know this is not a diet friendly meal at all. I mean if I told you the WW Pts in just one serving of Sesame Chicken you would probably die. But like I said, I'm not trying to diet right now so no need to freak out. I still like to make good and healthy decisions when I eat, but sometimes you really just want Chinese delivery. So.
The real dilemma is this... what do I do with the leftovers in my fridge? Reheat them for lunch today (Monday) and have another not so diet friendly meal OR throw them away to avoid the temptation but feel bad about wasting food and money. Hm... any suggestions?
BTW.. if you're looking for good Chinese delivery in San Diego this is the spot. It's called China Too. They don't really have a website so I tracked down another site that's got their menu.
http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?campusid=527&mlid=244232

Well the weekend is finally over. Can't really say I did too much for my waistline over the last 3 days but at least I had a good time. Right?

2 comments:

  1. Please post Tim's menu as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah TWILIGHT and life-biff shout out! So proud. Keep reading Chadar Michi - you still have 3 more books to cover in The Series. And the third one is my fav (Eclipse) !!!!!

    ReplyDelete