Thursday, March 12, 2009

No Day But Today


I am happy to say that my reason for not posting yesterday was not because I was too tired or lazy or bitter. I was out seeing one of my favorite Broadway musicals of all time, Rent. It's an unbelievable feeling to see this show again after so many years. The music and lyrics of Rent have been burned into my brain since the first time I saw it. This time around was honestly better than I remember it. From the minute the show started to the minute it ended my emotions were all over the place - crying, laughing, remembering. One of the show's main messages is "No Day But Today." And after seeing it last night, I can't help but be inspired to live my life a little more like this everyday. No regrets about the past and no fears about the future. Live in the moment and live each day to the fullest.
I have digressed a bit from my intended blog theme. Let me see if I can tie this all together....
Living each day to the fullest to me means spending time, most importantly, with the people I love. No diet is worth giving up time with friends and family. For someone like me who tends to go a little far with dieting - that is an important reminder. However, I want to live a long and healthy life that I can enjoy. I want to feel good about myself. I want to stop wasting precious minutes of my life trying on one thing after the other just to find an outfit that fits. I never want to skip out on going to the beach again just because I am too afraid to be in a bathing suit. Pool parties are supposed to be fun. They are not supposed to induce a panic attack.
So in the end it comes down to balance. I need to focus on my ultimate goal but not lose sight of what is important in life. Find a way to stay on track without pushing your friends away. And for those of you who do not struggle with this as much as others, please remember to support your friends who do. We all love happy hours and nachos - yes. But sometimes going for a walk or cooking dinner at home is fun too.
So that's my transition from Rent to food. For an incredible description of someones experience with Rent (having nothing to do with food) please click here to read my incredibly intelligent and articulate friend Kayla's writing about it.

Wednesday:
Low Sugar Oatmeal
Healthy Choice Frozen Meal
Motts Healthy Harvest Applesauce
Leftover corn & rice & beans
Trader Joes Veggie Gyoza's
A few bites of a Lean Cuisine Frozen Meal

Thursday (so far):
Thai Chicken Salad
Jello Pudding Snack - 60 cal

Since I didn't post yesterday at all I'll go ahead and put this one up now. I'll have a regular full day tomorrow. As far as the rest of the day today goes I'm thinking of getting some fro yo at some point. Mmmmm. Dinner will be healthy. I think. ;)

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow.

PS... Day 7 Weight: X-4lbs (yay!)

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the weight loss and GREAT job on the blog. It is so easy to forget the main goal of losing weight, its not just looking good, its more about feeling good and being happy. You motivate me not only to eat healthy but to focus on the main goal which is to be HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's only us...there's only this...forget regret...or life is yours to miss..." My fav RENT quote.
    I'm right there alongside all of your emotions Mich. Phenomenal post and its okay to digress from your original blog intentions, especially about something as signficant as RENT.
    Luff you,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete