Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday


My day today began with an inspirational little chat with my one of my favorite dieting buddies. We have been dieting and exercising together probably since we were in our early teens. Having a good friend to pair up with while you're trying to lose weight is always a huge plus. Although I must say that as much as we motivate each other to stay on track, we tempt each other to cheat maybe even more. So maybe it's not a match made in diet heaven but I happen to think it's a whole lot more fun this way.
Despite the fact that this "friend" is trying to convince me to go to happy hour with her tomorrow, I think I may resist the urge and go with my plan to start my diet on Friday. And do you know what that means??? That means that today I get to eat anything I want! Fan-fuckin-tastic.

Nonfat Sugar Free Vanilla Latte
1/2 Bagel w/Cream Cheese
** This wasn't in the plan for the day. BUT it happened to show up in front of me so.. I caved.

NEW Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees Frozen Meal: Pumpkin Squash Ravioli
** When it comes to my frozen meals I'm pretty much Lean Cuisines all the way. I sometimes dabble in the WW Smart Ones but for the most part I'm all about the LC's - only when they're on sale of course. Healthy Choice meals for some reason have always been at the bottom of my list. Well, last time I was at the store I noticed what I thought was a new brand of frozen diet meals. Turns out it's the new packaging on the NEW Healthy Choice - All Natural Entrees. So I decided to give them a try. So far so good! This one was quite delicious. Similar to LC's Butternut Squash Ravioli but I think this one gives you more ravioli and less calories.

Leftover Green Beans & Brown Rice


Passion Fruit

** It's not just a Bath & Body Works scent... it actually is a fruit! My mom grows these in her backyard and is quite generous with them. Dee-lish.

Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Hot Dog w/Kraft 2% Cheese & Low Sugar Ketchup
** This snack comes from the days of Low Carb dieting. Although the Low Sugar Ketchup is new. It's made by Heinz. Ketchup is just one of those condiments you would never think of worrying about when you're on a diet but if you check the stats you'll see it's pretty high in sugar. The low sugar kind tastes just as good (i think) and saves you a little on the calories.

Spicy Pickle Turkey Panini

Spicy Pickle is about a block away from my place in Little Italy. They serve paninis, subs, salads, and soup. This place is good for a quick bite. They have really good turkey and just generally delicious ingredients. I also really like this place cause it reminds me of being in Colorado =)
My panini: Sausalito turkey, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, pepperjack and chipotle mayo
So my dinner was good. Not diet good. But you know, good good. And overall my day was ok. I didn't do anything disastrous but I didn't do anything great either.

I am still being tempted to go to happy hour tomorrow. This is my eternal diet dilemma. Do I give in and go to happy hour, convincing myself the entire time that it doesn't mean I have to go off my diet when really everyone knows that the minute you start drinking it's only a matter of time before you say fuck it and end up eating a California burrito at 2am. OR do I proudly announce to the world that I am, once again, on a diet and unless you want to come get a salad with me then I'll just see you never? What's a girl to do? Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. I believe it is still important to engage in social activities while on a diet, but I do agree that it is really, really, really hard to not go wild and crazy with those 1lb. beautiful, salty, savory, and delicious burritos after the 3rd or 4th beer. In the end if we eat healthy the entire day until that happy time, drink light beer during the happy time and promise ourselves no burritos will be coming within 5ft of our mouths following happy time.... is it really that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I challenge YOU, MICHELLE, to go to happy hour tomorrow and still have a diet friendly day.....Can it be done?

    ReplyDelete