Saturday, March 7, 2009

5 lb Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 Weight: X - 2.5 lbs

As much as I would like to, I cannot officially celebrate this as my halfway point. My body has a very quick reaction to, well to anything really. Basically my weight fluctuates by 2-3 lbs daily. So just depending on the next few days of eating I could potentially hit my goal early... but the real challenge is to keep it at that weight and then keep going for more. Does that make sense?
Nonetheless, losing 2.5 lbs is a great feeling! With that dreaded happy hour out of the way now I am feeling confident and ready to keep this up.

Just another thought about the diet. Because of my sort of extreme personality I usually tend to go for a much quicker type of weight loss. Like... it's Monday and I need to lose 10 lbs by Friday - that type of thing. We all know that the faster you lose the weight, the faster you will put it right back on. That's why fad diets are not really so good for you. They do not teach you a realistic long term way to eat. It's just a quick fix. Instant gratification.
Since I don't have any major events coming up right now there is no reason for me to go the quick fix diet route. I know I'll be better off in the long run by doing it this way. However, if anyone is looking for some quickie diets with great results let me know. I'll give you scoop.

10:00am: Egg Beaters Omelet w/Corn, Jalapenos, & Fat Free Feta

2:00pm: Handful of Pomegranate Arils (seeds)

4:00pm: Homemade Cottage Cheese w/ Persian Cucumbers & Cherry Tomatoes
** My wonderful mother is nice enough to make homemade cottage cheese for me once in a while. I think it's absolutely delicious and could probably eat it everyday if I had it.
I make this little salad with regular low fat cottage cheese too. The key is to season it with salt and pepper. It's a great and refreshing snack or meal. Great if you are looking for a light lunch.

5:00pm: A few slices of dried pineapple with chili

7:30pm: Artichoke Penne Pasta and Asparagus
** This pasta dish turned out quite delicious. It is made with Gerties Artichoke Tapenade from Costco. I found the recipe on the jar but made a few changes to lower the calorie count. It called for penne pasta, butter, parmesan cheese, and of course the tapenade. I used Fiber Gourmet Penne, Reduced Fat Parmesan, and Brummel and Brown Spread in place of the butter. Brummel and Brown is so good as a butter substitute. It's perfect for baking, cooking, whatever. And the stats are even better... 45 cals per serving.
I saute the asparagus in a pan with some olive oil cooking spray, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Vegeta Gourmet Seasoning. Right before I serve it I sprinkle with a little bit of Reduced Fat Parm.

9:00pm: Yogurtland Fro Yo
** I am very proud to say that I made this dessert as diet friendly as possible. I checked the nutritional info and picked the 2 of the flavors with lowest calories. Then I weighed it out to make sure I didn't get more than I needed. And of no toppings. I do love my chocolate sprinkles (rainbow ones too) but it was just as delicious without them - I promise. It came out to around 110 calories. Totally worth it.

I feel pretty good about my day today. I also got in a great workout thanks to my favorite trainer/bff. I do feel like I ate a little bit on the heavy side in the evening and it may show up on the scale tomorrow. Anyway, I'm not too worried.

One last thing... And this one is important so listen up!! I need to do a little makeover on my Ipod Shuffle and I need your help. I'm looking to put together a super motivating super fun workout mix. So please send me your favorite workout songs. Anything that will keep me on that treadmill just a few minutes longer. Post a comment, send me an email, facebook me, whatever! Once I have it all together I'll post it on here so that you guys can use it too if you'd like. Check out the video below if you need some inspiration. =)



I am depending on you guys so pleeeease don't let me down! Thank you thank you thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Here is a little playlist for you...
    Leave Me Now...Herbert
    Back to the Start...Lily Allen
    Typical...MuteMath
    Seeing Things...Zero 7
    Breathe...Telepopmusik
    Work...Junior Boys
    You Belong...Hercules and Love Affair
    Far Away...Cut Copy
    No Excuses...Air France
    You'll Find A Way...Santogold
    15 Step...Radiohead
    Pull Up the People...M.I.A.

    There, that should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my contribution:
    Beautiful ...Akon
    Pokerface....Lady Gaga
    Disturbia...Rihanna
    Closer....Ne Yo
    Forever...Chris Brown
    Sex on Fire...Kings of Leon
    Release...Timberland
    Shake it...Metro Station
    Valerie...Mark Ronson
    Here I come...Fergie
    Beautiful Day...U2
    Clothes Off...Gym Class Heros
    Misery Business...Paramore
    Red Alert....Basement Jaxx
    We taken over....Akon
    Move Along...All American Rejects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fronting...Jay Z & Pharelle
    Zepher song and Higher Ground...Red Hot Chilli Peppers

    You go girlllllllll

    ReplyDelete
  4. electric feel- mgmt
    creator- santogold
    flashing lights- kanye west
    rehab- amy winehouse
    sabotage- beastie boys
    a new name- chk chk chk
    people come on- delta spirit
    machine in the ghost- the faint
    the wand- flaming lips
    s**t song- kate nash
    if you can afford me- katy perry
    blindfold me- kelis
    sour cherry- the kills
    anything by lady gaga
    XR2- MIA
    you want the candy- the raveonettes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umbrella - Rihanna
    The Way You Make Me Feel - Michael Jackson
    Any old school Madonna
    Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
    We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
    Motown Philly - Boyz II Men
    Single Ladies/Crazy in Love - Beyonce
    The Beatles - anything
    Jump for my love - no idea what that is actually called, but the one that Hugh Grant dances to in Love Actually
    I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
    musicals of all kinds
    Gold Digger - Kanye West
    Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield
    Gloria - Laura Branigan

    I will keep thinking...

    ReplyDelete