Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Fun at Costco

Thanks to my wonderful friend who has been successfully dieting with me since I began this little journey I have made some great food finds recently that I would love to share with you guys.
They all come from the one and only..... COSTCO! Yay!! We all love Costco, right? I mean who doesn't love coming home with toilet paper to last you a year? Or a bottle of ketchup big enough to kill someone? And obvi we only go on a Saturday or Sunday, right? Um hello... Samples!! What fun. But dieters beware: just because you may not be "counting" that tiny little bite of burrito which was followed by a little bite of a pancake covered in syrup which was followed by a cracker covered in goat cheese.... does not mean that your ass isn't counting it too. Let me tell you something - it is.
Ok back to the food. I've always been a fan of Costco for dieting. You can buy a lot of good healthy food for less. And since you're buying so much of it you'll have it for longer which means no excuses about not having any healthy food at home for longer too. My go-to's there are: Lean Cuisines (obvi,) frozen chicken breast, egg beaters (freeze the ones you're not using and swap them out into the fridge so you'll always have them - thanks lauren), frozen fish fillets, Cedarlane Lowfat Beans, Rice, & Cheese Frozen Burritos (5 pts each - good late night food,) and there are more but of course I'm blogging on a pretty tight schedule these days so I don't have as much time to go through it all. BUT my new items are quite delicious and very worthy of my precious blogging time. So here:
Asian Cucumber Salad
** 1 pt per serving - which I think is around 1 cup approx. It's super low in calories so I wouldn't worry about this one. Great snack on it's own or also as a side to a full meal. Maybe grill some terriyaki chicken and throw it over the salad? Or have it as a side with your TJ's shrimp potstickers? Possibilities are endless here.
Tricolor Chickpea Salad
** I think this one is a little bit more. Maybe 2 pts for 1 cup. A good filling salad. Goes well with the falafel balls below!
VeggiePatch Falafel Chickpea Balls
**1 pt each and totally delicious. Just heat them up in the microwave and eat. Put them on a salad or buy some Flatout Pita Wraps (90 cals each) or Western Alternative Pitas and make yourself a little sandwich.
Mmmm I'm getting hungry just thinking about all that yummy food. So all 3 are premade foods and are all basically ready to eat. Can't go wrong.
Well there you have my mini Costco guide. Hope you liked it!

Oh and about me... well last Thursday I hit a very exciting goal... 10 lbs!! Hooray!!! I am so so happy about it but need to keep it going! I had a pretty indulgent weekend so when I finally weighed myself this morning being up .5 lbs was not too shocking. But to be honest I expected a lot worse. Half a pound is nothing! So I'm back on track this week eating well and trying to make it to the gym.

My birthday is coming up soon so I think that could be my next goal point to make it to. Right now I would like to say 5 lbs by May 24 - but that may be tough. We're getting to one of those plateau phases where I am going to really need to push hard to lose more. Sigh... life is tough. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks for checking in again! Hope everyone is staying healthy!! See you soon =)

Oh my gosh I almost forgot something super important. Everyone must go out and buy the new Hungry Girl Cookbook!! It is full of really great recipes and guess what?? They are ALL under 200 calories! Can you believe it? She is pretty great. CLICK HERE if you want to order one from online. Or you can get off your ass and go buy one in the stores. =)

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Costco. Can you give some tips on helping get through those platesu phases, they are no fun.

    ReplyDelete