Sunday, October 4, 2009

Welcome Back to Me


Hi! After a very long break I'm happy to report that I'm back! I finally have a kitchen again. MY kitchen. Clean and well stocked with all of MY cooking essentials. I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me. With all of the nightmares I have been living recently the worst part was not being able to cook in a nice clean kitchen. Over the 6 months that I was living at home (sort of) I learned that I might be a little on the OCD side when it comes to cooking. I tried to cook a few times in other kitchens but instead of it being the relaxing and enjoyable time that it usually is for me, it quickly threw me into a full fledged panic attack. Unorganized kitchens with not so clean pots and pans, weird smells, other people's food, etc. Ugh it was pretty bad. So anyway, now I have a place of my own again and I get to enjoy my favorite activity in peace each and every day.
It's been a long time. So no major plans yet for a diet. Although I'm sure there will be one soon. But for now I just want to get back into the habit of food journaling. Need to start slow.

Here's what was on the menu for today:

11:00am - 1:00pm:
Snacked on Tostitos and jalapeno cheese dip.
**Very unhealthy, I know, but YUM. Who doesn't love cheese dip?

2:30pm:
Starbucks Americano with a splash of half & half and nonfat milk. And Splenda.

3:30pm:
Salad... Spinach, tuna (mixed with miracle whip light and dijonnaise,) cherry tomatoes, and feta.
Dressing: olive oil, rice wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar (just a splash) and lemon juice. Pretty much my go-to salad dressing for anything.

5:30pm:
Chocolate chip cookie. Thanks a lot Celia.
**Chocolate chip cookies are basically irresistible to me. Like, it's absolutely impossible for me to say no to a chocolate chip cookie. No matter what. Well, unless it has nuts in it. In which case, keep that shit as far away from me as possible. Thanks.

7:30pm:
Honey mustard chicken:
1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup Brummel & Brown butter, 1/4 cup Dijonnaise, and a dash of pepper. Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken. Bake at 375 for 45 mins, basting frequently.
Super easy recipe and very delicious. And according to my calculations, which may not be the most accurate but you know, the recipe (if made with 4 chicken breasts) should only have around 305 calories per chicken breast.

Couscous with toasted pine nuts.
Just right out of the box. I highly recommend keeping this in the house at all times. It makes a great side dish for any meal. Great as-is from the box but there is also a ton of very easy way to make it your own. Adding sun dried tomatoes and feta is one of my faves.

Creamed Spinach:
Ok this one is still in the experimental phase so I wont post a real recipe until I get it right. The one I made tonight was decent but it needs a little fixing. I'll keep you updated on this one. I'm excited that I thought of it though. I might have to start cooking with spinach more often. It's so easy and so good for you.

That's it for today my friends. I will hopefully be posting regularly throughout the week so check back often please!
Oh and tomorrow I have a pretty fun new diet gadget to report about so make sure to come back for that.
Thanks for reading. See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back! Your blog is really cute :) Miss ya.
    XO,
    Melissa W

    ReplyDelete