Monday, October 5, 2009

Oops


I'm sitting on the couch watching tv after my very long day today and I just realized that I almost forgot to post today! Looks like it may take me a little while to get back into the swing of things.
After realizing that I forgot to post I also remembered that I'm actually supposed to post everything I ate today and a little bit of panic comes over me. Had I remembered this earlier in the day/night I may have made some better choices today. I guess this is why food journaling really works. Just being aware makes such a big difference.
Sigh... well here goes:

6:30am:
Americano w/nonfat milk & splenda. Thank Shara!

9:00am:
Kashi trail mix bar
**Dried fruit and nuts. Very small and may taste a bit too healthy for my liking. I like my breakfast bars to be healthy but still satisfying and delicious. This one was borderline gross. Still ate it though. So whatever that means.

12:30pm:
Leftover chicken breast w/corn, black beans, salsa, and shredded cheese
**This was a recipe I made a few days ago. I almost tossed this last piece out but then decided that in the interest of saving money I'd give it a shot today. Turns out - still good!

2:00pm:
5 Red Vines
**Another weakness of mine. Too bad for me we have a Costco sized bucket (?) of them at the office. Someone needs to get rid of those right away. So far I might be the only one really working towards that goal. Hm?

5:30pm:
One bite of chicken & cheese tamale from Trader Joe's. I love free samples there. Just as much as I love everything else in that place.

6:30pm:
A few handfuls of jalapeno potato chips.
This one is again thanks to Celia from yesterday. You see, there is a reason why I don't buy things that I really like and keep them in the house. Like chocolate chip cookies and jalapeno potato chips. Because if/when I do, they are gone immediately. I have zero self control when it comes to certain foods. Keep that in mind everyone. Stay away from me with your temptations!!!

7:30pm:
Leftover honey mustard chicken from last night. Side of couscous (also from last night.) And steamed broccoli with reduced fat shredded cheeses melted on.
2 bites of a Lean Cuisine - pasta & broccoli in alfredo sauce.

9:00pm:
Mochi. 2 pieces of strawberry and 1 chocolate.
**This is a delicious frozen dessert from TJ's. It's sort of like an Asian version of ice cream. They come in little balls (yes balls) that you can just pick up and bite into. But it's still kind of like ice cream. Anyway, I bought these because I thought I was going to be making dinner for some guests and I had a real fun Asian-y meal in mind so I thought this would be a fun dessert to add to the menu. But when the guests canceled I couldn't resist having some Mochi anyway.

9:46pm (right now):
Snacking on Tajin chili powder. I get a really weird craving for anything Mexican candy like once in a while. And by that I mean pretty much everyday. This is the closest thing I could find to Mexi candy so that's what I'm eating. This should make a nice bloated day tomorrow. Awesome.

SO... lesson learned for the day: Don't forget you'll be posting every little bite you eat for everyone to read each day so... stop being a fat ass.

Side note... I was trying to figure out approx how many calories I had eaten today. I wont get into those details now but by doing this I realized just how many stupid extra calories I ate today that I could've gone without. If I had only left out those silly snacks I would have been right at the number of calories I'm supposed to have. But just those few snacks/bites totally put me over.
Oh well. I guess tomorrow is another day to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment