Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Here I Go!

Ok so I'm just going to begin because if I think about this damn blog anymore I am going to give up and not do it. I feel the need for whatever reason to give a brief intro of what I'm trying to do here. There are a lot of things that I enjoy in my life... good music, good movies, good (and bad) tv shows, etc. BUT one of my one and only true loves in life is eating good food! I love pretty much everything about eating and food. Grocery shopping is like therapy to me. I love cooking, watching The Food Network, reading cookbooks, planning dinners, finding new restaurants, and of course just eating. So my focus, for now, is going to be on that. Eating, food, dieting, etc. Have I said 'food' and 'eating' enough times yet? Geez.
Anyway... Since I was blessed with Jewish genes my obsession with food tends to show on my very short frame. Which means over time I have developed an equal obsession specifically with diet foods. Anything Low Fat, Low Sugar, High Fiber, No Sugar Added... I'm there. Sometimes I do specific diets - Weight Watchers aka WW is my fave - and sometimes I just try to eat healthy. I've pretty much tried every diet you can name. And if I haven't tried it yet I'm sure I will soon. I love starting something new although I rarely finish it. I have a tendency to spend a lot of money on gimmicky diet plans. I wont even go into all the ones I've tried. I'd probably get yelled at if I did.
On top of loving diet foods and diet plans I love rich and decadent fatty foods just the same. I guess the combo of diet and fatty foods is what keeps me dieting all the time but never lets me go totally overboard.
So anyway, back to what I'm trying to do here. I've got some extra time on my hands now since all I really do is sit and job search all day long. So with some inspiration from others I decided to do something different and fun other than sit on Facebook all day. I've been able to find some really great foods and recipes that fit in with a healthy diet and I've always loved to share them with people. Share and/or force people to try them. And lastly I think this might be a fun experiment for me to see if I can keep an honest food journal that anyone can look at. And please feel free to call me out on the days when I am being less than healthy. Seriously - do it.
So that's the plan! Food Journal officially starts tomorrow. So don't ask me what I ate today cause I am certainly not telling.
Yay this is fun... thanks for reading. See ya soon!

7 comments:

  1. This is the best blog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a phenom idea. Maybe through your journey you'll discover why Jewish girls are drawn to such decadent foods? Damn holiday treats....I mean, Hamentaschens? COME ON. I'm proud of you Mich. You are a dedicated, creative girl and a good writer. I'm stoked to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the blog! Nothing can top any topic that has to do with food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, cant wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LC fell off the wagon today and took me down with her. HELP!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete